As a sustainable and ethical bamboo toilet paper brand naturally we are passionate about our environmental footprint. We are lovers of design and style, and so we combined both of our loves to create a product that not only looks great but feels good and is also good for the planet.
Peekapoo is a plastic free company and there is zero plastic in the entire Peekapoo experience from manufacturing to the transportation of our products. We use recyclable packaging, our Signature Seal is made from mighty fine aluminium and the box is sealed with water activated paper tape.
We are all about Bamboo at Peekapoo. Our toilet paper is made from 100% FSC bamboo, including the core itself. Bamboo is strong, soft and mighty sustainable compared to 'tree' toilet paper.
Here's a couple of reasons we think it's the King of the Sustainability World:
- Bamboo Plantations are low maintenance and require little water
- It grows super fast, in fact 30 x faster than conventional paper trees and requires no fertilisers
- Doesn't require replanting, instead it continues to grow after its been cut, (from the same roots) over and over, year after year meaning;
- Soil underneath plantations are undisturbed, rich and healthy
- Bamboo injects 35% more oxygen back into the atmosphere than trees and can;
- Absorb up to 12 tonnes of carbon dioxide per hectare, per year
We are all about reducing our impact, reusing and recycling not only in the products we design and manufacture but also within our office and warehouse. We have a strong connection to nature and are passionate about sustainability; we believe in living a holistic lifestyle for our health and the future of our planet.
Our HQ is completely powered with 10kw solar power. We don’t use any electricity and we do not consume any fossil fuel energy at our warehouse. We will be adding another 13kw shortly totalling 23kw of solar power.
We have a composting worm farm in our Peekapoo HQ backyard so all of our food scraps from staff lunches don't go to landfill. We have our own warehouse bee hive as bees are essential for the planet, and also have a bin system for the kitchen; Soft Plastics, Recyclable, Compost, Landfill, Cardboard.