Our toilet paper is made from 100% FSC bamboo, including the core itself. Bamboo is strong, soft, and mighty sustainable. In this blog, we’ll explore in depth the reasons why we’ve chosen bamboo as the material for our toilet paper.
What makes bamboo better than its alternatives?
One of the major reasons why bamboo is considered more sustainable than other trees is the fact that it grows much faster. This means that the frequency of harvest is higher, resulting in more yield! Listed below are more reasons why we believe using bamboo for our toilet paper is the best:
- Fast growth – 30x faster than conventional paper trees and requires no fertilisers
- Continues to grow from the same roots even after being cut, meaning the soil underneath will be undisturbed, rich and healthy
- Bamboo injects 35% more oxygen back into the atmosphere than trees and is able to absorb up to 12 tonnes of carbon dioxide per hectare, per year.
Is Bamboo Toilet Paper for You?
If you’re looking to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle, it’s worth considering swapping out from traditional toilet paper to bamboo toilet paper. Bamboo toilet paper is soft and strong, yet breaks down well.
Furthermore, here at Peekapoo we take it a step further. Our toilet paper is paper-wrapped instead of plastic, thus eliminating single-use plastic from this part of the bathroom.
Other ways to make your bathroom eco-friendly
Leading an eco-friendly lifestyle doesn’t require you to make huge daunting steps, we know that small swaps can lead to great things! Listed below are some ways you can make small changes.
Shampoo Bars & Refillable Bottles:
- Switching to plastic-free shampoo bars and even plastic bottles that are refilled instead of being thrown out, all reduces the amount of plastic that is being disposed of, keeping your bathroom footprint smaller.
Adding a Recycling Bin:
- Lots of our bathroom waste can easily be recycled – you just have to make it easy for yourself by having a recycling bin handy for instant waste-sorting. This way, toilet paper rolls and any empty packaging can be given a new life.
Use Reusable Cotton Cleansing pads:
- Reusable cleansing pads are an easy, washable alternative to wasteful make-up removing alternatives of the past. Simply pop them in the wash and use them over and over again.
Use Natural Cleaning Products
- Reduce your toxic load on the planet and look after your own health by making the switch to natural cleaning products when you can. (Most of these will be eco-friendly too!)
These are just a few of the easy ways to reduce your bathroom’s environmental impact. As you can see, with Peekapoo’s sustainable bamboo toilet paper and some small changes in habit, it’s easier than ever to have a more eco-friendly bathroom.